[jhb_airlines] Re: FPI Demise

  • From: FrankTurley@xxxxxxx
  • To: jhb_airlines@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 24 Aug 2006 03:14:39 EDT

I have been rather mystified over the demise of FPI.

I can understand Rory providing the Shetland Flyer for free, after all he  is
a fellow enthusiast, and I suspect also has a professional interest.

I can understand commercially supported sites, where advertising  for flight
sim products appears, or there is a commercial link, eg the  Visual Flight
forums.

What escapes me is the logic behind the provision of FPI. I have been a
member for some time now, but I don't have a clue who provided and paid for
this
service, or what they were seeking. I would like to say thank you to them for
doing what they did, even if sadly it has come to an end.

Perhaps someone out there can enlighten me?

Frank T.