[jhb_airlines] Re: FPI

  • From: Gerry Winskill <gwinsk@xxxxxxx>
  • To: jhb_airlines@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 11 Oct 2005 11:11:21 +0100

Ah, Denis Law. The quickest thinker of his day. Once saw him backheel a ball, from the right wing, straight across to the left wing, without seemingly looked over there. Writers tend to pass over him, to dwell on George Best. In truth, with together with Charlton, a trio almost unmatched.
Then I would say that, as a United fan from the end of the war.

Of course, in those days, no one had to mouth such rubbish as Manu. Say United and that was enough.

Still in nostalgic vein, the target commentators are supposed to at, is being like the chap standing next to you. John Motson would have soon been ejected!

Gerry Winskill

Mike Lucas wrote:

As a foreigner myself, this conflicting event at Old Trafford tomorrow is not an issue for me. Regrettably Scotland are already dead and buried (indeed, for some time ...), and I'm not into necrophilia. In any case, watching them is bad for my blood pressure at the best of times - things have gone downhill steadily since the days of Denis Law and Jim Baxter.

So I will be turning out for the JHB XI tomorrow evening ...

Mike L

Gerry Winskill wrote:

Looks as though I'll be absent, too. Same masochistic reason. May fly the routes this evening.

Gerry Winskill

FrankTurley@xxxxxxx wrote:

In a message dated 06/10/2005 22:45:40 GMT Daylight Time, bones@xxxxxxx writes:

    Next week is Sheffield City, Exeter and Luton..

    bones

Oh dear! Clashes with an event important to certain Englishmen taking place at Old Trafford.....
Frank T. JHB167 (3 lions on my shirt..........)