[jhb_airlines] Re: FPI

  • From: Gerry Winskill <gwinsk@xxxxxxx>
  • To: jhb_airlines@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 07 Oct 2005 07:15:24 +0100

Exactly the same in Singapore. No twilight zone.

Gerry Winskill

Peter Dodds wrote:

Anothe glitch that I find even more irritating is its UK treatment of sunrise and sunset. Sitting at aldergrove, at 1845, it was getting dark. The view from my window was clearly nowhere near sunset. Just USA parochialism, I guess.

It is possible that FS doesn't take account of latitude. The higher the latitude the more drawn out the sunset. In Caernarfon, Western Australia which is on the Tropic of Capricorn, I was there near the equinox in 1969. I clearly remember it was as light as midday at 17:50, going dark at 17:55 and was dark at 18:05 with a dull red glow to the west and pitch black at 18:10.