[jhb_airlines] Re: FPI

  • From: "Bones" <bones@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <jhb_airlines@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 7 Oct 2005 01:59:54 +0100

If I remember rightly we did some tests on this way back with either Denis
or Dave Fidler in Canada. I think we found that the Twilight period had been
totally miscalculated - ending at sunset rather than starting at that point.
The result is that it starts to go dark about an hour ahead of real time.

In winter in the UK the light starts going about 3pm in FS. Whilst the sun
is very low on the horizon in December we all know those days when the sky
is clear and it doesn't really start to darken until the sun has gone down -
we get some cracking winter sunsets. In FS you need a torch by the time the
sun is on the horizon. No green flash either.. <g>