[jhb_airlines] Re: FPI

  • From: pdodds@xxxxxxxxxxxx (Peter Dodds)
  • To: jhb_airlines@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 6 Oct 2005 23:08 +0100 (BST)

> Anothe glitch that I find even more irritating is its UK
> treatment of sunrise and sunset. Sitting at aldergrove, at
> 1845, it was getting dark. The view from my window was clearly
> nowhere near sunset. Just USA parochialism, I guess.

It is possible that FS doesn't take account of latitude.  The
higher the latitude the more drawn out the sunset.  In
Caernarfon, Western Australia which is on the Tropic of
Capricorn, I was there near the equinox in 1969.  I clearly
remember it was as light as midday at 17:50, going dark at 17:55
and was dark at 18:05 with a dull red glow to the west and pitch
black at 18:10.