[jhb_airlines] Re: FPI

  • From: Alastair <algy.mcintyre@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: jhb_airlines@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 06 Oct 2005 09:06:15 +0100

A few points re last nights FPI

On Frank T's advice I downloaded and installed the 'latest' version of ATOC Express (1.9k), but when installed is still showing as 1.9j.
Has anyone else noticed this, or is it just me?

Re traffic lag. It didn't seem to affect ATC too much, but like Gerry I noticed it,very much so.
Frank F appeared to me to be sitting on Ronaldsway runway 08 long after he had departed. Probably about 2-3 minutes lag.

Re 'close encounter' with Mike. I was DESCENDING into Pole Hill, and Mike was climbing out. I was told to hold my descent, whereas I would have thought that to maintain the descent or vector right would have been a safer option. Still we missed, and that was the main thing.
However, it does show the problems with aircraft on similar tracks, but in opposite directions.

Cheers

Alastair