[jhb_airlines] FPI

  • From: "franklyn fisher" <ff006c5886@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jhb_airlines@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 23 Oct 2004 16:23:55 +0100

If I can put in my penny worth in.
I really love the FPI software and enjoy flying on it, in fact I do all my JHB
assignments
there, I have got my nephew into it as well. Logging on is easy now I have got
the hang of it,
and it is not intrusive on the screen.
I do try to log on at least twice a week around 20:00 and am too,disappointed
at the lack of UK
controllers and pilots (chicken and egg), even the FPI UK site is still half
completed and half
manned, still cannot get to the training sign up page, would love to be a
controller (lousy
pilot), but need to be hand held to get the procedures correct.
Am also trying to get Vatsim up and running as it seems to be more going on
there (is that where
all the UK controllers and pilots are?, perhaps they do not know of FPI). My
attempt of last
night was a disaster, thank goodness for restore, as FS kept crashing out. The
initial startup
involved a lot of steps, and I must have done something wrong or the software
did not like the
updated FS9, will try it on FS8.
Frank
BTW Bones
Looks as if you are still having problems with your Emails, some are comming
thro ok some a real
mess.
I am having a suspicion it is the Freelists server causing it..
Maybe a new server will no the trick.