[jhb_airlines] Re: FPI

  • From: "Bones" <bones@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <jhb_airlines@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 2 Aug 2005 13:51:33 +0100

Just to avoid any horrible misunderstandings I'd better qualify the comment
"one of our more experienced pilots" to mean FPI rather than JHB.

I do have some sympathy for pilots when it comes to accurate speed control
as I never found the keyboard a workable option. Increasing or reducing
power by any measured amount was almost impossible. If you have a throttle
lever such as found on some yolks or the dedicated throttle units it is a
lot easier - as beneficial as rudder pedals or a stick!