[jhb_airlines] Re: FPI

  • From: Mike Lucas <mhlucas@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: jhb_airlines@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 28 Jul 2005 09:47:01 +0100

A good evening in general. I didn't suffer any of the voice problems which others clearly did - I found myself acting as R/T go-between for MikeB a couple of times. Kev did brilliantly - I counted six inbound and 3 outbound at EGSS as I departed. I didn't have the heart to mention my airprox with EFP046 (2 miles at same altitude; blue warning on TCAS) under the circumstances, particularly since he said nothing about my running out of runway on landing at EGSS a little earlier. (Reverse thrust and autobraking failed on my CRJ - and again at EGNS). Kev was kind enough to send AA Roadside Rescue to find me (and provide a clean pair of trousers ....)

Mike L

Bones wrote:
Grrr indeed - and you have my sympathy. Despite any announcement on FPI it
was a very busy evening. Lost count of the total number of flights but I
think we had 12 pilots and many flew two or more legs.

My hat goes off to Kevin who plugged in at Stansted, did little for maybe an
hour and then got a right gaggle of inbounds from all directions. Very
nicely handled too. Oddly enough, reminiscent of a few weeks ago when Mike
had total engine failure, I got another one tonight. I felt sorry for the
pilot having flogged right across from Hamburg in a Cessna 411 as he never
got anywhere near his destination at EGNS. He lost an engine over the North
Sea and I had to take him into Coningsby.

We hit slight voice problems during the session - it started to break up
about halfway through the evening - but this cleared towards the end of the
session. Can't really be server load as there was zilch traffic outside the
UK and we've seen lots more aircraft online in the past.

I'd also like to take my hat off to everyone who flew into Stansted with its
lousy weather. 3300m vis and OVC400 wasn't nice at all!