[jhb_airlines] F100 performance

  • From: "Bones" <bones@xxxxxxx>
  • To: "JHB Email List" <jhb_airlines@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 24 Dec 2004 15:34:57 -0000

Just a quickie before I have to nip out.

The F100 has an empty weight of 60631lb. In the notes it says the MZFW =
is
79000lb so this means your maximum payload (pax and cargo) is limited to
18369lb. It's dead easy to exceed this as it is in real life but that's =
your
base figure for passenger loading.

Assuming you hit this figure you are only going to have another 165000lb =
for
fuel. In other words never expect to fill the tanks full unless you have =
got
a really low pax load. About 80% is the maximum you will achieve. Again =
this
is like real life - aircraft hardly ever fly with full fuel load now.
Obviously it's better to fly with minimum fuel load to increase =
performance
and decrease costs (what is the point of lugging a huge weight of fuel
uphill only to bring it down again).

With the F100 loaded up to max I took off and set her in a climb at =
1800fpm.
At FL100 I increased speed from 250kts to 280kts as per the handbook but =
she
was running out of puff at FL150. At FL150 I dropped ROC to 1500fpm. At
FL200 I dropped it again to 1000fpm and at FL250 down further to 800fpm. =
At
FL270 I reduced it to 500fpm and the aircraft held 280kts and 500fpm up =
FL310. I didn't try for the operational ceiling of FL350 but I'd guess =
you
would have to reduced climb rate even further.

During all this time N2 stayed at 97.9.

HC@xxxxxxxxxx
http://fsaviation.net