[jhb_airlines] Re: Extra hours - 037G (and Iceland report)

  • From: Gerry Winskill <gwinsk@xxxxxxx>
  • To: jhb_airlines@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 29 Nov 2005 08:33:38 +0000

My apologies for absence, yet again. Having ducked out of a charity evening, devoted to selling candles or something, I thought I was clear for the session. Unfortunately, SWMBO's friend is going with her but her husband is as unenthusiastic as I. Would you believe they've decided the neat solution is for him to spend the evening here, whilst they go to the candlelight session; shades of Mrs Bucket!
Only another 5 weeks available before I'm dragged off to enjoy myself, so oportunities are getting fewer.

Just in case anyone else hasn't seen the posting on FPI here it is:

UK-FPI invites VFR and IFR traffic to join us in this event. New members are
especially welcome.

Focus airports this week are:

Keflavik (BIKF) - runway length 3065m
Akureyri (BIAR) - runway length 1940m
Egilsstadir (BIEG) - runway length 2000m

Pilot skills will be tested to the limit, especially in low visibility, at
BIAR with an off-set approach and high ground on either side of the
approach.

Suggested routes:

Keflavik to/from Akureyri (160nm)

BIKF-SID-EL-G4-NB-DCT BIAR
BIAR-SID-NB-G4-EL-STAR-BIKF

Keflavik to/from Egilsstadir (235nm)

BIKF-SID-EL-Q1-VA-DCT BIEG
BIEG DCT VA-Q1-EL-STAR-BIKF

Akureyri to/from Egilsstadir (100nm)

BIAR-SID-AKI-R2-FELLI-DCT BIEG
BIEG DCT FELLI-R2-AKI-DCT BIAR

Aerodrome charts can be downloaded from the downloads section of:

http://is.scumari.nl/

Scenery can also be downloaded from the above web-site and also at:

http://www.scumari.nl/fs/index.htm

Look forward to seeing you at what will be an interesting event for ATC and
pilots.