[jhb_airlines] Re: External drive

  • From: Gerry Winskill <gwinsk@xxxxxxx>
  • To: jhb_airlines@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 05 Nov 2006 08:18:55 +0000

Odd that it should do that. I did exactly the same, to copy the AIO across, from old to new machine. Could it be your machine memory size? My old has 1Gb. When trying to get rid of the now obsolete folder that contained the separate, pre AIO, folders, it got part way and said there weren't sufficient facillities and could it delete direct from the PC, rather than via Recycle Box.

I've now plugged in a 250Gb external hard drive to this PC - very impressive
too. Even through USB it seems to be a tad faster than the internal drives.

I've copied almost all my HD data onto the external now with one exception -
the VFGM photo scenery. It doesn't like this and falls over before all the
files are copied across. To be fair I run the AIO setup so all 143,000
bitmaps are in the one folder. By the time it has copied about 56000 of
these over I get a warning that system resources are low and then a gradual
failure of all programs on the PC, only cured by a reboot.

Funny thing is that memory is fine but I must check Task Manager to see
where the problem lies.

http://fsaviation.net