[jhb_airlines] External drive

  • From: "Bones" <bones@xxxxxxx>
  • To: "JHB Email List" <jhb_airlines@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 4 Nov 2006 23:13:38 -0000

I've now plugged in a 250Gb external hard drive to this PC - very impressive
too. Even through USB it seems to be a tad faster than the internal drives.

I've copied almost all my HD data onto the external now with one exception -
the VFGM photo scenery. It doesn't like this and falls over before all the
files are copied across. To be fair I run the AIO setup so all 143,000
bitmaps are in the one folder. By the time it has copied about 56000 of
these over I get a warning that system resources are low and then a gradual
failure of all programs on the PC, only cured by a reboot.

Funny thing is that memory is fine but I must check Task Manager to see
where the problem lies.

http://fsaviation.net