[jhb_airlines] Re: Evening Farm Flight

  • From: Gerry Winskill <gwinsk@xxxxxxx>
  • To: jhb_airlines@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 04 Jul 2008 06:26:06 +0100

I spotted them on Servinfo. When next I looked there was a swarm, swollen by others that seemed to be routing via the IOM.

Over in East Anglia and, a one off when flying VFR, I had FSC running, to see if the others showed up; after setting to download IVAO Information. They all did.

The difference between FPI and IVAO is chalk and cheese. Last night there was no sign of server lag and all incomers were in very smooth flight. Times have changed!

I saw you all flogging around East Anglia and it's nice to see you had a
good flight. I was too busy to watch though as I had a right bunch of German
arrivals at EGNS. All very good, excellent English - but all missed the ILS
because they were using old scenery with the old ILS frequency. They only
mentioned this when most had landed so I warned the final arrival but Sod's
Law reared up again as he had the correct scenery and going to 110.9 made
him miss the ILS too! Great fun.

I must warn John Hill that tonight's bunch of arrivals were a practise
session for next Wednesday when they expect to have about 25 aircraft coming
to EGNS.

http://woodair.net