[jhb_airlines] Re: Emergency

  • From: "Paul Reynolds" <paul@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jhb_airlines@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 1 Dec 2008 23:21:40 -0000

Not being Lancastrian I do not remember Constantine. Indeed I’m not really a
cricket fan but do attend two cricket matches every year as a mark of respect
to the memory of a friend who died tragically early in life. As an avid cricket
fan, his surviving partner sponsors the man of the match trophy for the annual
Patrington Cup, a limited overs knock-out tournament for local amateur sides.
We then also attend the annual Patrington gala, a charity match to keep the
club running as well as being the social event of the year in the East
Yorkshire village.

On the nostalgia scene though, I used to deliver newspapers to Peter Osgood,
the long-serving Chelsea player, Tom O’Connor (the comedian) and Gary Glitter).
 We used to see the last of these fishing on the banks of what we knew locally
as the Tri-Lakes, some ex-gravel pits relanscaped to artificial ponds between
Sandhurst and Blackbushe. We used to kick his fishing tackle into the water as
we passed by on our bikes – and they say anti-social behaviour is a new
phenominon!  I wonder what became of Gary Glitter? <g>

Paul

From: ERNEST LAYCOCK <mailto:ernielaycock1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>