[jhb_airlines] Re: Emergency

  • From: "Fred Stopforth" <fredstopforth@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jhb_airlines@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 1 Dec 2008 10:21:37 -0000

Hi Ernie, just got back from visiting my daugther in Spain so it was nice to
see you pop up on the list nudging someone abit of encouragement to  bear up to
a bad time considering what you have been and are going thro with.Aye like you
I find it desolating  but find that simming and practical activities keep it at
bay [13yrs of it]. One copes not for one's sake but for the sake of others;one
carries others thro so others can carry oneself thro. It's a funny life. Well
Percy St, is still very much there, don't think it's changed much but for
tarmac instead of cobbles and no more Monday morning backstreet washing hanging
out. The school is still there but with modern bits of extensions and the area
is fully Asianised now so you wouldn't know a soul there or even see one that
you knew when you left all those years ago. Latest change in Nelson is brand
new bus station built joining the railway station;looks like an all glass
airport building [clean and tidy at the moment before it officially opens --
over 1 month late ] The Station Hotel is still there;but I don't think it's
catered for travellers for a looong time except for those who couldn't walk
home after a few pints.Well off to get my priorty shopping done this morning
Nelson ,Burnley, and Padiham aye and to sort my pension situation out as
well.So I'm taking another turn in life! Well Ernie,like you say 'Cheers and
Chin Up'   Fred