[jhb_airlines] Re: Email Problem Solved

  • From: Mike Lucas <mhlucas@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: jhb_airlines@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 02 Sep 2005 18:14:06 +0100

Isn't Windows wonderful? - you don't even have to touch the PC and yet it does things for you.

Mike L

Gerry Winskill wrote:
The ISP's Tech Dept helped me get out of the hole. Advice was "It looks as if your mail client is set to use a username and password for
authentication for sending emails. In tools > account settings there should be an option to turn it off for outgoing server." Eventually found and unticked the box and, if this gets to the list, it's worked.
BUT; since I have never visited that page, how did my system get the setting changed, during the course of yesterday evening?

Incidentally, Avast sent me a couple of virus attack warnings, after the email problem started. I'm quite impressed by Avast.

If you don't receive this message, no doubt you'll let me know............

Gerry Winskill
gwinsk@xxxxxxx