[jhb_airlines] Re: EGNS Tonite

  • From: Gerry Winskill <gwinsk@xxxxxxx>
  • To: jhb_airlines@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 11 Jul 2008 07:28:29 +0100

Hi John,

Well done. I guessed it was going well because I saw only the one go around. It was just a pity I couldn't think of a way of listening to you both at the same time. I'm glad I cancelled my plans then, as the intention was to arrive from Bham, then return. I can see that would have increased the load significantly, with ground clearances added on top. Anyway, I'd have missed a lot of the action.

Gerry Winskill

Pentalverjohn@xxxxxxx wrote:
Hi Gerry
As for jumping in, it was supposed to be a night for me to get some tips off other ATC controllers I thought? but when Simon L did not turn up another C1 tower controller logged in, i jumped on EGNS OBS hoping to pick up some tips. Bones passed over three or four aircraft to his feq he cleared the fist one to land and vacate on A1. He dropped off IVAO and did not come back with aircraft calling for taxi and landing instructions I had to do something as they would all be going back to APP and he had his hands full. Bones it was great night you were feeding them fast and furious with good separation, all the Pilots did well I ask them to readjust there speed to minimum and it went like clock work only one go around. My problem would have been if we had outbound traffic as well could i have coped? Cheers John Hill