[jhb_airlines] Re: EGNS Scnery

  • From: "Bones" <bones@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <jhb_airlines@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 31 Dec 2004 04:04:10 -0000

What is interesting about your screenshot is that it seems to indicate =
that
there are three separate airfield levels.

Looking at your altimeter the runway height seems to be about 40 feet. =
Below
that you say there is a drop onto the taxiways of about 20 ft but I also
notice the airfield hedges are floating above runway level. This =
suggests
yet another ground level higher than the runway which is very odd =
indeed.

I might have to look into creating an XML coded flatten to see if this
overcomes the problems. Earlier SCASM flattens were of two sorts with =
most
designers using the basic rectangular one found in Airport and FSSC. I =
used
a different flatten that was not restricted to four points (called an
Area16N command) as I had to draw the flatten to fit the coastline.