[jhb_airlines] EGNS Scenery Problems

  • From: FrankTurley@xxxxxxx
  • To: jhb_airlines@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 26 Aug 2006 05:58:36 EDT

Bones,

I've finally had time to investigate my mountains at EGNS and I found the
problem.

When I installed the UK2000 Part 7 scenery I decided I preferred your EGNS
and so renamed Gary's EGNS files to [filename].xbgl

This worked fine for ages. Then when I first got the mountains I thought it
must be your IOM scenery so I disabled it.

This week I found I still had the mountains. Today I've tried various
disablements of FS scenery files and tracked the problem down to UK2000 Part 7.
 On
examining the folder the penny dropped! I had at some time installed the Part
7 update which included some new .BGLs for EGNS. These were causing the
problem.  I've now renamed them to .XXBGLs and flatness is now restored to EGNS.

I guess I need to write myself a list of reminders of the adjustments I've
made, so that installing updates includes checking on this stuff.

Frank T.