[jhb_airlines] Re: EGBJ

  • From: "Peter Dodds" <pdodds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: jhb_airlines@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 14 Sep 2007 09:31 +0100 (BST)

>In the old days we used to fly into Dublin itself and would often park
on
>the apron next to a 747.
I've a photo taken from the passenger lounge at Liverpool of my little
Cessna 152 parked on the main apron next to a Bae 146. 1995 - not that
long ago.
Peter

> If you haven't got a GPS life can be very hard flying into the
> Dublin CTA.
See my little biblical ditty somewhere on this or t'other list.

> Now that you have dipped your toes in there I can recommend Donegal
> for its
> stunning scenery (overnight stop essential) or Kerry or Waterford.
> A nice
> little round robin is Dublin, Galway, Kerry, Waterford - on the way
> south
> from Galway to Kerry you can route out over the Arran islands and
> down past
> the Cliffs of Moher, cross the Shannon estuary, down to Fenit and
> Tralee and
> in over Ross Lake. Kerry and the Dingle peninsula is well worth
> exploring.
Oh I'm hooked.  I have always loved Ireland - been there many times when
I was younger as I used to play Irish music on the penny whistle and
mandolin. Had a few long sessions in the pubs in Doolin - the Mecca for
Irish folkies, with fellow musicians from literally all over the world.

I can see me going there regularly now I've been shown the ropes by a
more experienced pilot.