[jhb_airlines] Re: EGBJ

  • From: "Peter Dodds" <pdodds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: jhb_airlines@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 13 Sep 2007 06:43 +0100 (BST)

My excuse is that I went real-world flying yesteray.  I achieved one of
my long term aims by flying to Dublin. Weston aerodrome has the most
superb new terminal I have seen at any airfield.
http://www.westonairport.com Extremely welcoming young lady on the desk -
even came out to take a photo of the two of us by the aircraft! Antique
and repro furniture, marble floors, restaurant with real food.  Huge
brand new hangar with folding up and over door - looks as amazing a bit
of engineering as the Falkirk Wheel! This is a GA field with just an 800m
runway, (although they have "plans"). Several biz jets, a Buccaneer, a
Grumman Goose, http://www.grummangoose.com a Beech 18
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Beechcraft_Model_18 and over a dozen
helicopters - not one of them a Robinson (the poor man's helicopter).
There's money in Ireland these days.