[jhb_airlines] Re: Downloads/Updates

  • From: Fivewildthings@xxxxxxx
  • To: jhb_airlines@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 3 Dec 2005 06:45:24 EST

Phil,

Although I registered with VATSIM some while ago, I have never flown with
them mainly because I has heard from a number of sources that they were
unhelpful, inflexible and didn't take to newcomers.  That said, I decided to
try it out
last Wednesday at about 2245 by flying one of the Norwegian legs that
everyone else had flown on FPI earlier in the evening.

I know nothing about VATSIM but it seems to have been very much text based
whereas the limited experience I've had with FPI is all voice.

FSInn seems very easy to use.  I like the mini menus and the speed text bars
(my keyboard is worn and the lettering faded - not good for fast texting).  I
don't like the way it automatically loads when you turn MSFS on but I know you
can untick that option.

I couldn't get the Voice to work at the time but that was probably due to the
fact that I hadn't allocated a PTT key!!  I haven't tried it out since.

Overall, I think it's good.

Colin