[jhb_airlines] Re: Downloads/Updates

  • From: pdodds@xxxxxxxxxxxx (Peter Dodds)
  • To: jhb_airlines@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 4 Dec 2005 01:04 +0000 (GMT Standard Time)

> One difference for me is that I can't get FSInn to work over
> my LAN ....
I never tried doing this with version 1.0, but the new version
1.1 is a piece of cake.  Install it on your FS computer first,
then install it on the remote PC, and during that second
installation, tell it where to find FS9 when prompted, and it
just works.  When you want to run it, you start FS first.  You
then start the interface program 'FSFDT Control Panel' from the
Start menu, (unless you create a desktop shortcut, which is what
I do). FSFDT Control Panel gets installed with FSInn
automatically.  You then start FSInn. Again you have to start it
from the Start menu or a shortcut, not from the Copilot option in
FS.

One snag is that if you have FS installed on both PCs it won't
install properly, as it finds the FS9.exe file on your remote PC
and won't offer you any other choice.  I got round this by
renaming FS9.exe on the remote PC.  I almost never run FS on that
machine anyway, so it isn't an issue. I bet they will change this
small glitch soon though.