[jhb_airlines] Re: Downloads/Updates

  • From: "Bones" <bones@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <jhb_airlines@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 3 Dec 2005 15:19:09 -0000

I should really RTFM first but I thought I would dive in and play. SB3 set
itself up OK and I was even able to select the C500 in JHB colours (not
really sure how though).

With nothing on the screen and no aircraft/ATC showing up I took off from
BIRK for a local test flight. At that point BIRD_CTR logged in and asked me
to contact him on voice <vbg>.. I had to look in ServInfo to get his
frequency (I presume you can do this in SB3 but I didn't have time to work
this out) and once COM1 was set the voice activated. I was quite impressed
with it's mimic of real ATC transmissions (which are severely clipped in
dynamic range) and the voice really sounded like a radio transmission.

I also like the voice/Transponder module that popped up in the corner of the
screen - a nice touch.

Having sorted the basics out I apologised to BIRD and exited the session.
Next I hit the ATOC window to try FPI but yet again this locked up FS. Will
have to sort this out later as I have work to do now..