[jhb_airlines] Re: Downloads/Updates

  • From: "Phil Reynolds" <phil.reynolds@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jhb_airlines@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 3 Dec 2005 15:03:47 -0000

Hi Bones,

ATC will list in the right hand pane of the SB screen, but only when they
are within range.
Also, until you connect to an active ATC controller (with voice) you won't
get the voice+text displayed.

As far as testing went, with both using SB3 the aircraft showed correctly,
even after I had changed my entry in fictional.txt to read "_JB JHB
Airlines".
However, when Alastair logged on with FSInn, his aircraft showed the correct
type, but in the default VIP colours, and I showed up as a Cessna (I was in
a 737-700).

I've installed FSInn to take a look but am at present puzzled as to how the
aircraft get allocated for viewing.  There is no dropdown menu to select an
aircraft to be "seen" as, so I can only presume that it checks the
aircraft.cfg of the aircraft you are actually flying.  How the system can
then deduce which VIP model and texture to use is still a mystery to me.....

Phil