[jhb_airlines] Re: Distracted?

  • From: Gerry Winskill <gwinsk@xxxxxxx>
  • To: jhb_airlines@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 17 Jul 2006 08:48:56 +0100

Frank,
Sorry for the delay.
I did, some years ago, try one of the gauge placement programmes. I gave up because of some of the side effects. I place gauges just by changing the first pair of co-ordinates. I usually start by looking for the coords of the gauge below which I wish my new one to appear. From then on it's trial and error. Simple time savers are to keep your Panel.cfg file open, saving changes via File Save. Next I just reload the aircraft, to see the changes. After the first couple of reloads it seems to get faster. One other thing you can do, if the panel doesn't have enough space, is to extend it, by changing its .bmp file, using Paint, or similar. Of course, once you go down this route you won't have time for outside interests....

Gerry Winskill

franklyn fisher wrote:

Gerry
Just installed the TerraVue gauge into my Gulfstream, no good.
But installed into default Lear45 no problem.
Great moving map, with added features, like terrain height, aircraft height, etc
Problem with Gulfstream, the gauge installed partway behind panel, and partway in, and when trying to drag it up, it pulled up my dashboard gauges, it is supposed to install at 0,0 position, but in the Lear, it was on top of panel, but on the dashboard.
I am assuming this means that the 0,0 position referrs to the cockpit panel, not the screen panel!!
Which in the Gulfstream is not at the screen edge. But the Lear is.
Will have a go at installing into other default aircraft, as it can complement FSNav.
This is my first attempt at installing gauges, as you can guess.
Frank