[jhb_airlines] Re: Distracted?

  • From: Denis Ripley <dripley@xxxxxxx>
  • To: jhb_airlines@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 19 Jul 2006 08:37:40 -0600

Gerry, Alastair, John,

Thanks for all your replies. While my knowledge of panel gauges is still very limited, there is some light showing.

Let me describe how I have set-up my 'panel.cfg' for this particular gauge.

Under [Window Titles] is 'Window07=TerraVue'
Under [Window00] there are 2 entries 'gauge41=TerraVue!TerraVue_Icon, 89, 624, 19, 19
gauge42=TerraVue!TerraVue3, 0, 260, 200, 200'
Under [Window07]
[Window07]
BACKGROUND_COLOR=0,0,0
size_mm=200,200
position=3
visible=0
ident=210514
gauge00=TerraVue!TerraVue3, 0, 260, 200, 200

How does the computer decide which position the gauge should be in when, in [Window07] there are 2 possible positions given, 'position 3' and '0, 260'

When I start the aircraft, the gauge appears in "position 0, 260" and it functions normally but neither the icon nor 'SHIFT + 7' has any effect on its display. I have a feeling that there is something in the 'panel.cfg' file that is fighting with something else in said file and the computer is saying "to heck with this, we'll leave things just the way they are and therefore does nothing. Am I correct or is there a "dot" missing somewhere or a line in excess?

At the end of this exercise I should like this gauge to be displayed as a window in position '0, 260' and be able to display it or not with the icon(which I have on the panel in its correct location). I hope you guru's can understand my description such that a solution is possible.

Thanks,

Denis