[jhb_airlines] Re: Digital TV on PC

  • From: Gerry Winskill <gwinsk@xxxxxxx>
  • To: jhb_airlines@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 13 Oct 2005 19:13:55 +0100

I'm getting carried away by the spin again. This changeover isn't due to commence until 2008, so using a non digital approach to PC TV is OK, pro tem.

Which Hauppauge card do you have? I've been looking at the USB option. Although I have a couple of PCI slots still unused, they are overhung by bits on cards in the other slots, so are unuseable. Yet another case of designers seeming to work in a vacuum.

Although reception is bad on my TV in here, it's fine in the next door bedroom, and they use the same aerial. To save fiddling round with wiring, yet again, it would be simpler to use TV Link.

I hardly ever watch "normal" channels these days because picture quality is
just so much better via Sky. The only time I use them is when two programs
conflict, in which case I record the better choice on Sky and watch the
other on the usual channel.

I'm not sure I follow your thread properly. If the switch over to digital
makes two sets obsolete is this because they aren't capable of receiving
digital data? If so then surely they won't work with a second Sky box
either..

I presume the change over makes the Hauppauge TV cards redundant too?