[jhb_airlines] Re: Digital TV on PC

  • From: Gerry Winskill <gwinsk@xxxxxxx>
  • To: jhb_airlines@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 13 Oct 2005 18:33:23 +0100

Now we get back to the spin. Since existing, non satellite, TV sets won't work without a set top converter, I'm sure my portable TV will be rendered useless. Remember, we're privilleged to be changed to digital first!

I know logic plays no part in matters these days but I would have thought
the BBC digital signal would be sent from existing masts. If they are
satellite transmissions then surely it would give an opening for users to
refuse to pay for a TV license on the grounds that they don't have the dish
to receive BBC signals?

Apart from that how would portable TV's work? Must be masts as happens with
digital radio.