[jhb_airlines] Re: Digital TV on PC

  • From: "Paul" <paul@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jhb_airlines@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 13 Oct 2005 17:50:16 +0100

Gerry,

I have recently upgraded our Sky system to Sky+, it cost £90 for the Sky+
box and £10.00 extra a month but doing so I got the old sky box relocated
into the bedroom / second TV.  The old Sky box has outputs for two TV's
(haven't checked the Sky+), you could link this to the set in your lair.
The issue of cable runs applies but suitable trunking/wall cavities/loft etc
can be used. The channel on the second box can be controlled by a magic eye
remote system.

OK so still limited to two channels being viewed at one time but better than
nothing.  An additional bonus is recording on Sky+ which can later be output
to either DVD recorder/video/capture card as you wish.

As for BBC channels, in Hull we are in one of the "poor" analogue reception
areas, despite it being geographically flat around here.  To get a set-top
box to work usually requires a digital arial being fitted (Hullprices,
around £80 including fitting).  This then provides access to the freeview
channels (including digital radio) via the set-top box.

Paul.