[jhb_airlines] Re: Different Flyin

  • From: Gerry Winskill <gwinsk@xxxxxxx>
  • To: jhb_airlines@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 29 Sep 2005 20:24:17 +0100

Er, they can be got into FSNav and, to help those of a less energetic disposition, I gave each one an NDB. Since range is only about 27 miles, they've got to get that close, anyway.

Obstacles I can see, with possible ways around, include:
Need for quarter mil charts. No way around that one.
No Lockyears. I could put up a digicam shot of the target page, on my Homepage. Better still, I could just provide runway headings, which would increase the attraction of doing a reccy circuit.
A possible role could be built in for an FPI position, by listing a compulsary VRP; one which the controller could identfy. If pilots had to advise their start and intermediate, the day before, then there might be a VRP for each pilot; one that doesn't feature in FSNav. Thiks,"am I the only one with a copy of his real life Garmin waypoints?".

An excellent idea. In fact it would be hard to cheat because the strips
won't be in FSNav and definitely not on the FPI screen!

In FPI we could provide a Flight Information Service but there isn't a
recognised callsign for London Info.. Have to think about this one.