[jhb_airlines] Re: Different Flyin

  • From: Gerry Winskill <gwinsk@xxxxxxx>
  • To: jhb_airlines@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 01 Oct 2005 08:23:09 +0100

The other thing I'll need to cover will be weather. I normally fly with FSMeteo's real weather. That often results in my being unable to fly VFR and having to do a heavy metal IFR.
Unless anyone has a better idea, I suggest that, on the appointed day, I send out the wind for the area, so we can each dial it into our own systems, but assume the day is cloudless, mid day, summer, or whatever else grabs you. The wind helps bring more realism to planning and following the correct route.
Any better ideas welcomed.

Gerry Winskill
gwinsk@xxxxxxx

Peter Dodds wrote:

I would enjoy that. I could wheel out a certain and delightful Tiger Moth again! I could join in so long as it is not a weekend.

Just a couple of thoughts - any aircraft capable of landing at a farm strip would be unlikely to have an autopilot, so I would ban autopilots altogether.
You would need to provide an airfield diagram with latitude and longitude, runway headings, height, any obstacles, and a brief description of location e.g. "5nm south west of Cirencester".
I remember you have NDBs at these fields. These should be switched off to make it realistic. Anyone can find a field with an NDB.