[jhb_airlines] Re: Descent

  • From: Denis N Ripley <dripley@xxxxxxx>
  • To: jhb_airlines@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 14 Nov 2004 09:25:33 -0700

Just ran a short flight from Calgary to Edmonton to check the step-down
descent in FSNav. It ran OK except that FSNav had difficulty hitting a
specified fix at exactly the right altitude. It seemed to miss the crossing
altitude by between 200-300 feet on the high side(8200 instead of 8000).
This was easily corrected by adjusting the crossing altitude by 200-300
feet. I ignored all the other boxes though I did try a speed restriction at
one intersection and it worked OK. Hope this helps.

Denis