[jhb_airlines] Re: Descent

  • From: Alastair McIntyre <a.mcintyre@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: jhb_airlines@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 14 Nov 2004 10:38:10 +0000

John

The reply, below, is more or less what I have been doing.

However, some controllers can get a little 'iffy' if you are changing
flight level without their consent. <G>

I suppose that unlike real life, the rules can vary from session to session.

Sometimes you can have Centre controllers, sometimes only local airport
controllers on line.

Also I think that a lot depends on the work load of the controller.

If he is very busy you can be more or less left to your own devices (fly
the STAR arrival), or if he is particularly quiet you may get the 'red
carpet' treatment.

Cheers.

Alastair