[jhb_airlines] Re: Descent

  • From: pdodds@xxxxxxxxxxxx (Peter Dodds)
  • To: jhb_airlines@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 15 Nov 2004 22:29 +0000 (GMT Standard Time)

I find that if you want to use these boxes, you have to set them
separately for every waypoint and then they work.  In other words
if you have waypoints ABC, setting B to "altitude after" at 4500
feet needs you to set C altitude crossing at 4500 feet also.  You
therefore need a waypoint at every planned change of alitude,
with manual valuues set, which isn't always easy/possible.

Recently I set up a flight in FSNav to fly along the Thames from
Dartford at 900 feet, dive through the middle of Tower Bridge and
then climb back to 900 feet.  I did it to get
external screenshots without having to fly the plane as well.
After a bit of fiddling about, I got it to work perfectly.  (if
anyone wants it, I still have it.  It's a bit of fun...!)