[jhb_airlines] Re: Descent

  • From: "Bones" <bones@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <jhb_airlines@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 14 Nov 2004 20:31:02 -0000

I'm not sure what the real CRJ's go up to on this route but I'd have a =
guess
at 190. About the highest the jet gets on the EGNS to EGLL route is 230 =
and
I'm basing my guess on that.

Possibly by selecting FL200 FSNav is saying "I can't do that" and is =
fixing
height at the last altitude restriction..

One good clue about selecting cruise height is to look at the TOC and =
TOD
points in the map. On most UK routes the pilots only stay at cruise =
altitude
for a few minutes (a bit longer on the Scottish routes) so aim for an
altitude that reflects this in FSNav. I admit to do this correctly =
requires
fairly realistic values in the aircraft menu for rate of climb and climb
speed..