[jhb_airlines] Re: Descent

  • From: gwinsk@xxxxxxx
  • To: jhb_airlines@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 14 Nov 2004 19:23:56 -0000

It works im mysterious ways.
If I try to plan an EGCC to EGKK, the Manchester HON1R SID, dictated by
UKROUTE,
then the highest cruise alt I can get FSNav to accept, by HON, is 19500. This
is in the
CRJ700, with its climb set at an unrealistic 2200 fpm. If I try for 20000' then
it settles on
a max of 5000'! The only way is to creep up on the by HON altitude entry. It
definitely
ignores the cruise alt set in the Aircraft section.
For me, the easiest way round the problem might be to have FSNav's FMS follow
the
track and enter the altitudes manually, as each point is passed. Eg, set
3000'and hold
until HOND58, then reset to 5000', until SANBA, then reset to an achievable
20000', etc.

Gerry Winskill
gwinsk@xxxxxxx