[jhb_airlines] Re: Delay

  • From: Mike Lucas <mhlucas@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: jhb_airlines@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 20 Sep 2008 23:53:11 +0100

I'm not aware that a router has this effect, Bones. The size limit for attachments is set by your ISP, not by your local hardware.

Mike L

Bones wrote:
Same here. My reply to Thomas has taken over 24 hours to go through.

I know there are some problems down south as BT have been working on the
cabling. For one of my regular web sites in Elstree it is taking over two
minutes to get a page to load.

On another subject does a router have any effect on email attachments? Since
moving from the modem to the router I find that any posts with an attachment
over about 2mb is unable to get through. I never had any problems like this
with the modem.

http://woodair.net