[jhb_airlines] Re: Defrag needs

  • From: "Alex - Reheat.org" <Alex@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: jhb_airlines@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 16 Nov 2006 16:48:57 +0000

There you go then ;) no need for all the moaning after that was there, scenery delayed by only one second! Although I bet those 3 DVD's take a while to install!

Alex

Gerry Winskill wrote:
In fact it took less than 1 second. Must be the weather.

Gerry Winskill

Alex - Reheat.org wrote:

Well there are only two scenario's here:

1) the drive is as virgin as you say and a defrag will take about 15 minutes - no problem.
2) The drive DOES need a defrag, it takes an hour and will help with your scenery performance.....

Either option says yes ;)

Alex

Gerry Winskill wrote:

Sod's Law dictates that when I go out my return is met with a blue card from Manx Post, saying they delivered a package, just 5 minutes ago. I can usually then collect from the sorting office; four hours later.

Naturally, four hours later and we have the first cold spell of the winter. It's also raining. Add to that the fact that the road onto their site has been dug up and is a quagmire, through which I have to drive my newly cleaned car!!!

None of which matters a toss, when I find the parcel is the three vol package of Horizon's photoscenery.

Which brings me to the question. The installation instructions advise a disk defrag before installation. The HD onto which it will be aimed is a brand new, virgin, SATA 160 Gb, only formatted yesterday. Do I need to defrag it when it's never been used?

That could delay my seeing how the scenery looks.....