[jhb_airlines] Defrag needs

  • From: Gerry Winskill <gwinsk@xxxxxxx>
  • To: "jhb_airlines@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <jhb_airlines@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 16 Nov 2006 16:26:49 +0000

Sod's Law dictates that when I go out my return is met with a blue card from Manx Post, saying they delivered a package, just 5 minutes ago. I can usually then collect from the sorting office; four hours later.

Naturally, four hours later and we have the first cold spell of the winter. It's also raining. Add to that the fact that the road onto their site has been dug up and is a quagmire, through which I have to drive my newly cleaned car!!!

None of which matters a toss, when I find the parcel is the three vol package of Horizon's photoscenery.

Which brings me to the question. The installation instructions advise a disk defrag before installation. The HD onto which it will be aimed is a brand new, virgin, SATA 160 Gb, only formatted yesterday. Do I need to defrag it when it's never been used?

That could delay my seeing how the scenery looks.....