[jhb_airlines] Default and Mesh

  • From: Gerry Winskill <gwinsk@xxxxxxx>
  • To: "jhb_airlines@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <jhb_airlines@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 16 Dec 2006 16:52:38 +0000

When I worked my way through putting the various farmstrip runways in place I avoided those where the VFR GM terrain had place troughs across runways. Not there in real life but an effect we're stuck with. When I started to look at how they showed up in FSX / Horizon GenX, I soon found that troughs when the "more accurate" mesh was used. When flying from strips I have a second version of Scenery.cfg that reverts to the use of Mally's VFR GM mesh. However, in some strips I still see runway crossing troughs that aren't to be seen in FS9, even though I'm using the same mesh in both. How can this be so?