[jhb_airlines] Re: Cream-Crackered!

  • From: Fivewildthings@xxxxxxx
  • To: jhb_airlines@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 2 Sep 2007 09:04:24 EDT

It is Cix club night on Fridays at Biggin Hill, and tonight there were  6
of us plus about 10 other aircraft all airborne close to the ATZ at  one
time. It was a record in my time on Vatsim for a "non-event" night.   The
poor tower controller was orbiting 3 light aircraft while he handled  an
IFR inbound, then he had a "pop-up" on the runway, forcing one go  around.
When I came in from Rochester I joined downwind No. 4.  It was  busier
than the real world! Does IVAO get that frantic anywhere I  wonder.
Perhaps it soon will at Ronaldsway Bristol and  Gloucester!

Peter

Peter,

I'm sure that on one occasion somewhere, sometime it has.

That said, frantic may get the adrenalin flowing but I don't think is big  on
enjoyment.

Making the transition from FPI and Pilot Club I think that the  majority of
people are not interested in having large volumes of traffic as you  describe.
We would all rather have a manageable traffic flow.  If  IVAO doesn't get
that crowded as often as Cix and Vatsim, then I for one am  glad.

I think we have to get away from this constant comparison and look at  it
from the perspective of where you enjoy flying.  Some people will fly on  all
networks, and enjoy the different challenges.  Some will stick to  one.

Colin

PS I agree with you about the MTL library.