[jhb_airlines] Computer rebuild.

  • From: "Bones" <bones@xxxxxxx>
  • To: "JHB Email List" <jhb_airlines@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 11 Oct 2004 17:18:36 +0100

My box of computer bits arrived today so I'll be starting a rebuild as soon
as I have the nerve/energy to tackle this.

It's a basic rebuild with new mobo, memory, CPU plus a few extras like
better soundcard, bluetooth dongle, mouse etc. My current P4 1.8 has been
rock solid since I got it but the Abit TH7 mobo is only USB1 and the RAMBUS
memory is probably dead end technology. It will go up on the storage shelf
with the P3 system I replaced before it.

I presume that once I rebuild this lot that Win XP will accuse me of
installing on a second machine of something silly and refuse to work. Is it
easy enough to get a new key from MS? Should I do this before or after the
rebuild?

HC@xxxxxxxxxx
http://fsaviation.net