[jhb_airlines] Re: Citation

  • From: Gerry Winskill <gwinsk@xxxxxxx>
  • To: jhb_airlines@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 11 Nov 2007 14:40:29 +0000

Change the empty_weight_CG_position= value but do it by only a couple of decimal points at a time, or the results, in flight, will become interesting.

I've had to do it, recently, to a couple that fly unrealistically nose high. Little view of the runway on finals.

Gerry Winskill

franklyn fisher wrote:

Airplane designers.

I have just installed and tested the Cessna Citation Sovereign S for FSX

Unfortunatly it flies nose down, about 5 degrees, and unable to keep it trimmed level. The trim insists on the nose down position

Not knowing anything about adjusting it, I enclose, what I think is the relevent part of the .AIR file

[WEIGHT_AND_BALANCE]
max_gross_weight = 30250.0                      // (pounds)
empty_weight = 20216.0                          // (pounds)

reference_datum_position = 34.5, 0, 0 // (feet) distance from FlightSim Reference position, which is: (1/4 chord, centerline, waterline) empty_weight_CG_position = -35.79, 0, 0 // (feet) longitudinal, lateral, vertical distance from specified datum

If somebody can point out how to change this, or is this the correct line to alter.

I surmise that it is to do with the CG, but I could be wrong.

I think it needs to be further back, to balance.

Thanks

FF