[jhb_airlines] Re: Chipmunk

  • From: "Alex - Reheat.org" <Alex@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: jhb_airlines@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 26 Nov 2006 19:10:45 +0000

Peter McLeland is, in my opinion, one of the greatest pilots FS has. After an absolutely mind boggling RAF and British Airways career he really is one of the most informed gentlemen of the FS world. Indeed he is also a true gentlemen in every sense of the word.

I always turn to Peter for help as we have similar system setups and he spends hours fine tuning his for best FS performance.

I know that Peter did most of his RAF flying training on the Chippie and therefore if he says its spot on then it most certainly is!

One would assume that Bones has already spotted the CBFS thread in which his Tiger Moth was discussed, to which Peter added his comments?

All the best.

Alex

Bones wrote:
Sadly I had to decline beta testing this excellent aircraft and will have to
wait until I get FSX up and running. The dynamics were almost spot on in
FS2004 so I look forward to the FSX version.

If you think the screenshots good then also appreciate Peter's flying
abilities. The Chipmunk has a gravity carb and the engine cuts out
inverted.. His inverted flying was therefore on a dead engine.