[jhb_airlines] Re: Catch 22

  • From: "Alex - Reheat.org" <Alex@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: jhb_airlines@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 02 Oct 2006 12:10:20 +0100

Gerry,

As much as I hate Microsoft for their monopoly, they do have a very good support network. If you want you can ask them for a CD/DVD with all the major updates (or all the small ones too) to date. Its on their website somewhere or ring MS support.

You just have to pay for the postage.

Its a rather good deal really!

Alex

Mr Winskill wrote:
I still have contact with the outside world only via the laptop. I get by with the helb of my external LaCie drive. I've downloaded the FSX Demo onto the laptop, then transferred it to the PC. Installation fails because the PC no longer has the SP2 Service Pack installed, in the wake of the XP re-instal. I've tried downloading SP2 onto this machine, in the hope of being able to transfer to the PC, as with the Demo.
 When I try to download it on this machine, it refuses, saying SP2 is already installed. It is, because the laptop is only 12 months old.
Is there any way of defeating this refusal? I can't believe that the many who don't have internet access on a machine are denied access to SP2.

Gerry Winskill

NOCC, http://nocc.sourceforge.net