[jhb_airlines] Re: Calamity

  • From: Mike Lucas <mhlucas@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: jhb_airlines@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 03 Sep 2008 14:31:40 +0100

Frank

I assume you have been through the obvious possible causes -

- fuses in house circuits / plug to PC
- master on-off switch on back of PC
- on-off switch on front of PC
- if no beeps, lights, sounds of fans spinning up, suspect dead PSU

I have been caught out by the third on this list. Having ruled out the first and second, I jumped to the fourth and installed a replacement PSU in a PC which was completely dead. When it still wouldn't start I investigated a bit more closely and found the 5p switch on the front of the box was defunct.

Mike L

F FISHER wrote:
Just tried switching my main machine on for an afternoon session

Zilch!!!

No lights, no power on.

I may be away from tonites session, and tomorrow, if I cannot find the fault.

All I did was switch off as normal last night, now nothing