[jhb_airlines] Bleak Wednesday

  • From: "franklyn fisher" <ff006c5886@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jhb_airlines@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 11 Sep 2006 16:58:21 +0100

Those of you who are suffering from withdrawal symptoms, I may have the cure.

I can provide a basic ATC(RAS,FIS, Radar) any evening on request.

If on the other hand, you would prefer for someone else to set up a session. I can log on, on Wednesday? around 8pm at Birmingham EGBB as a hub.

If John H has installed the software I pointed him to, maybe a second hub.

To refresh your memories.

You will need to go to the menu in FS, chose flights/multiplayer/connect.
In the top left box, your ID, in the top right box this IP 80.229.86.51, then click 'search'.
After the Shetland Flyer logo pops up, then click 'join'.

FS has a chat text box (flight/multiplayer/chat).

You can of course, download and install Team Speak for voice.

Once installed, start, then go to 'settings' and check the 'press to talk', OK.

Then click 'connection' , 'connect' right click on 'Servers', and select 'add server.
In 'Label' put Shetland'
In Server Address' put 80.229.86.51
In Nickname put 'JHBxxx'

then click connect. the next time you want to connect, just double click on 'shetland'

Bear in mind, that TS is a single channel voice, so strict R/T protocol exists.

Any ideas or critisims, will be taken and binned.