[jhb_airlines] Re: BE350 KingAir

  • From: "Bones" <bones@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <jhb_airlines@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 2 Jul 2008 15:21:49 +0100

Agreed. Without going into it too deeply you can get away without checklists
for single pistons but as aircraft become more complex they start becoming
vital - as indeed they do in real aircraft. I would not think of flying any
real aircraft without a checklist - whether a Cherokee or a Chieftain.

In FS checklists become more important for some aircraft because of the way
the panel or gauges are designed. Some aircraft may not start because of
code in a specific gauge that prevents it - maybe unrealistically so but it
may be the only way they can program the aircraft to work properly. Some
gauges have code that overrides basic FS features (PMDG aircraft do this) so
it's possible CTRL + E may not work at all - but they should say this in the
manual.

The Archer I got from Flight 1 had a 50 page manual with it and it required
an evening's reading to learn how to use the aircraft. Having hundreds of
hours in the real aircraft was of some help but I still had to go through it
to see how they had programmed the aircraft.

http://woodair.net